Glencore is currently looking for a senior financial analyst to join our corporate department. The Financial Analyst will provide financial information, reporting, analysis and commentary on Glencore's business performance and work closely with Executive Management across the business. You will be involved in contributing to decisions with supporting insights that shape business direction, and partnering with delivery teams to maximize earnings and deliver on performance targets. Reporting to the Assistant Corporate Controller, this position will be responsible for listed responsibilities accordingly. Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our global network comprises more than 90+ offices located in over 50+ countries, plus we have over 150+ mining and metallurgical sites, offshore oil production assets, farms and agricultural facilities. We employ approximately 190,000 people and it’s these people that we value above all else. They are our greatest asset. In addition to a competitive salary, we know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. Our strategy is to maintain and build upon our position as a leading integrated producer and marketer of commodities worldwide. We always seek to recruit best talents globally and annually to match this multinational continuous growth objective. Join us and let’s grow together.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work with designated finance team.
- Develop financial models and complete trend and comparative analysis, to craft business decisions.
- Partnering with the business to maximize earnings and deliver performance targets.
- Assist with providing high quality financial inputs to the reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Prepare monthly Management Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) report.
- Responsible for allocation of corporate cost to multiple business unit and comparison to budget.
- Working with the Group Finance and regional Finance Managers, provide group level insight into business performance and opportunity reporting.
- Work as a member of the finance team to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the finance function across the group.
- Working with the business on ways to continue to improve financial reporting for current business requirements.
- Participate in the development of management reporting systems and accounting methods to improve existing procedures or the communication of management information.
- Responding to the daily and often changing business demands.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- HND, BA, BS, or B.Com degree required (Minimum HND/Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics)
- Must have related accounting or financial experience.
- 5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience.
- Strong accounting and financial modelling skills in a multi divisional portfolio.
- Ability to operate under ambiguity and develop new ideas and business solutions.
- Proven background gained in a large complex matrix organization.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables with deadlines in an innovative and dynamic environment.
- Comfortable in working with internal partners across multiple business divisions.
- Understanding of working in a complex matrix business structure.
- Flexible and adaptable approach.
- Advanced data analysis and excel skills.
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills.
- Good business acumen.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.