Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
Purpose of the Job
- To identify, analyze, dimension and manage the key risks facing the bank (primarily credit risks) for standard credits, complex credits including Financial Institutions (FI’s), syndicated loans and other complex transactions, including transactions involving derivatives and market risks, with the key objective of ensuring a healthy portfolio and minimizing financial losses.
- In view of the need to preserve as well as maximize shareholders’ wealth, particularly in a dynamic environment like Nigeria, it is imperative to have a strong risk management framework adequately staffed with the requisite risk expertise, to ensure a healthy risk asset portfolio, and entrench best-in-class risk management practices.
- Timely and good quality initial, interim and annual credit approval requests/reviews, which comply with institutional and regulatory guidelines.
- Analysis of complex transactions, customers and industries including Financial Institutions (FI’s), syndications, acquisitions and other Corporate Finance/Treasury initiatives, including derivatives and market risk impacted transactions - with capacity to provide policy and process knowledge and guidance, as pertinent.
- Conducting Industry Credit Reviews (ICR’s) and Target Market studies.
- Collaborating with the relationship management teams in ensuring that credit approvals are timely and current.
- Early problem recognition, monitoring identified risk triggers and raising credit red flags.
- Supporting remedial management initiatives and/or actions, where necessary
- Ensuring the implementation of agreed action steps identified to address credit issues (including issues raised by Credit Reviewers, Internal Auditors, Regulators etc.).
- Maintaining customer interface and developing contacts; regular credit calls on customers.
- Monitoring events in the local and global environment; understanding of impact on bank’s credit assets.
- Undertake special tasks assigned by CRM (Country Risk Manager)
- Collaborate in the preparation of the country’s scenario plan.
- Collaborate in the negotiation of International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) agreements and related documentation.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of the Country’s business and risk strategy.
- Prepare stress tests and rapid portfolio reviews.