Glencore is currently initiating a search for a Marketing Manager. Our new regional business is growing, creating an opportunity for enthusiastic sales and marketing manager. The ideal candidate will bring experience in the related market, leading pursuits from early strategy and positioning through proposal, interview coaching and debriefing on a wide range of solid and liquid minerals, environment and sustainability, energy and climate change projects. Candidates will demonstrate strong leadership and facilitation skills, a commitment to excellence, a history of personal initiative, and a successful track record of meeting sales goals. The right candidate will be a pursuit strategist and critical thinker, excel at driving long-cycle pursuit capture planning, and able to interpret client intelligence to develop compelling proposal and presentation content. They will be able to work in partnership with a diverse pool of technical staff to develop pursuit positioning strategies, and follow through with highly ranked written proposals for public and private agencies. They will possess a strong grasp of market planning, and budget and client engagement plan management, and be an excellent communicator able to work with a range of personalities. Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our global network comprises more than 90+ offices located in over 50+ countries, plus we have over 150+ mining and metallurgical sites, offshore oil production assets, farms and agricultural facilities. We employ approximately 190,000 people and it’s these people that we value above all else. They are our greatest asset. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Our strategy is to maintain and build upon our position as a leading integrated producer and marketer of commodities worldwide. We always seek to recruit best talents globally and annually to match this multinational continuous growth objective. Join us and let’s grow together.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead client engagement and pursuit capture planning.
- Support the strategic marketing objectives of the business national and regional sector.
- Develop competitive, persuasive, winning proposals.
- Monitor and report metrics to support marketing efforts including financial data and pipeline efforts.
- Facilitate the company’s sales process throughout the client development lifecycle.
- Manage pursuit and proposal development, including leading or assisting with strategy development.
- Coordinating with teaming partners, writing/editing, layout and production, presentation development and interview coaching.
- Develop high quality marketing materials, including marketing collateral, resumes, project descriptions, and internal and external presentations.
- Work with technical staff to implement the firm’s client relations management process.
- Manage the sales database for the regional outlets, including monitoring and reporting key sales metrics.
- Coordinate attendance and participate in local and national events/conferences.
- Maintains accurate information in the marketing system regarding the area’s marketing performance.
- Follows Glencore’s high standards for ethical behaviour and quality in all marketing activities.
- Supports annual strategic planning initiatives.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- HND or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Communications, Business, Journalism or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience, preferably in the progressive industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to adapt to different communication styles.
- Proven success as proposal manager, including coordination of strategy development and messaging, graphics, production, and technical teams.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to balance short-term deadlines against long-term goals.
- Willingness and ability for some travel.
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated sales record.
- Authorization to immediately work in the related region.
- Ability to develop internal strategies to support business development activity.